MoneyGram was founded in 1940 as a result of the merger between Integrated Payment Systems and Travelers Express. Initially, the company was known as Travelers Express, but it changed names in 1998, when it was acquired by Viad and was renamed to MoneyGram International. In a short period of time, MoneyGram became the one of the largest money order providers in the United States, and by 1996 the firm had become the second biggest non-bank money transfer company in the US.
Throughout the mid 2000s, MoneyGram continued to expand and became an industry leader in the money transfer sector. In 2003, the company was established as an independent firm, and shortly after (in June 2004), MoneyGram International went public. The company experienced substantial losses during the global financial crisis, however, it was able to successfully redesign its strategy and expanded its range of self-service financial products to attract a wider customer base. Currently, MoneyGram’s services are not exclusively related to money transfers, but include bill payment service, check cashing, pre-paid debit cards, and a host of consumer and business banking solutions.
MoneyGram’s charitable foundation was established in 2012 with the objective of providing educational grants to children and families from disadvantaged backgrounds. The company has also been involved in disaster relief tasks in different parts of the world.
In January 2016, W. Alexander Thomas was appointed MoneyGram’s CEO.
MoneyGram’s apps can be used to send money, pay bills, and find the nearest agent. The iOS app can be downloaded for free from iTunes, whereas Android users can download the MoneyGram app from Google Play.
MoneyGram Opening Hours.
Hours of operation vary depending on location. Some offices (especially those located in shopping malls or department stores) open as early as 7 a.m. and close at 10 p.m., whereas others only operate between 9 a.m. and 8 p.m. Most MoneyGram offices are open daily.
How To Contact MoneyGram
- Corporate Mail Address: 2828 N. Harwood Street, 15th Floor, Dallas, TX, 75201
- Corporate Phone Number: 214-999-7552 (Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Fax (Corporate Office): 302-655-5049 / 312-276-8366
- Customer Care Center: 1-800-926-9400 (lines are open 24/7)
- Customer Care Center (Spanish-speaking customers): 1-800-955-7777 (lines are open 24/7)
- Support with Existing Orders: 1‑800‑542‑3590
- Non-Urgent Enquiries: Use this contact form
- Investor Relations Team: 214-979-1400
- Media Relations Team: 214-979-1418
MoneyGram On Social Media
Follow or contact MoneyGram on the following social media platforms:
- Facebook: Official Facebook Page
- Twitter: Twitter Page
- Youtube: Youtube Channel
- Google+: Official Google+ Account
Can I transfer My moneygram transfer to my cash app Account